Sunday, August 22, 2010

Refinement

I had the grand unveiling of the art/book/cardgame/coloring book just before I left for Beirut. Thank you express shipping, but could you look in to being cheaper? Thanks.

I was not overly thrilled with the reception. I didn’t do well enough with the ‘show don’t tell’ angle with the book. Version two will focus more on stories about the individuals, rather than a description. I’ll save extra details for the Parent’s Guide.

Which reminds me, there is now a Parent’s Guide. Nearly universal feedback showed that I needed a companion volume to help parent s understand how to present the content in a way that really reinforces the values that are being taught.

This also brings me around to the next point, which is that each figure will be labeled with the attribute that she represents. For those new to the concept, the point of this product is:


To show that attributes like strength, leadership and integrity are gender neutral by teaching kids about women who have successfully integrated them into femininity.

The set involves a basic memory game for the 3-5 year old range, and a more complicated set of rules dreamed up by yours truly. Point being to use the game as something to reinforce the image recognition, value association, etc. Multiple sensory systems and all the jazz.

I’ll be running test prints with an office out here to refine my approach for the future versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment