Monday, February 15, 2010

Beauty

One of the things I find so striking about Lebanon is the sky.  Is so beautifully clear and striking.  I've rarely seen such a striking array of blues.  I don't know what it is about the atmosphere here, but I just can't describe it, or photograph it.  I feel like if you look up at the right time of day, you will see something new an beautiful every day. 

I recently had one of those moments of transcendent beauty while I was walking home from work.  The sky was so vivid, with an amazingly uniform cloud formation and an incredible angle of light from the Sun that I can't remember ever having seen before.  I tried to record it, but it was impossible to photograph, at least with my camera phone...  The picture doesn't capture the beauty, but it does help remind me of what that moment was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment